Sometimes I think my cooking style is more experimental than methodical. I’ll see a recipe and think about how I can adapt it for our tastes and needs. Tonight was no different.
Publix Apron’s Simple Meals Program provides to consumers quick and easy recipes that are fresh and yummy. The recipe I choose was the “chicken with apricots“.
Ingredients I used were:
- Dried Apricots (be careful with the packaged kind – they can have added sugar)
- extra virgin olive oil
- chicken breasts
- minced garlic
- organic chicken broth
- red wine vinegar
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Chop apricots coarsely. Pound out chicken.
- Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 2–3 minutes (do not turn). Turn chicken; add garlic & apricots. Cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until garlic begins to soften.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 5–7 minutes, turning chicken once, or until chicken is 165°F.
- Remove chicken from pan; increase heat to medium. Cook sauce 2–3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Slice chicken and serve with sauce.
Plated the items for my kids meals with some pasta and veggies. Scott and I just had the chicken & apricots 🙂
That was dinner – now for some desert! Chocolate Coconut Paleo Ice Cream… sound yummy? Well it’s interesting. Don’t expect Ben & Jerry’s; but if you can tolerate the bitter dark chocolate then this could work for you.
Can of coconut milk, dark chocolate – melted together in a sauce pan.The link provided stated 60% I think that would taste better but we used 85%.
Put in ice cream maker barrel with some vanilla extract; and follow ice cream maker instructions with ice & rock salt. Churn about 20 minutes and enjoy!
If it is too bitter for you; try mixing it with some almond butter after the ice cream is made. It’s going to be bitter; so don’t taste it expecting something sweet. However it gives you a “fix” if you need it 🙂